Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/washcola/public_html/includes/DG_CM.php on line 1193
Washington County History & Landmarks Foundation
Washington County History & Landmarks Foundation
P.O. Box 274
Washington, PA 15301
724-225-2350
_CLOAKING
Home

Landmark Registry

Bradford House

Bradford House
Category: Public Landmark
Location: 175 South Main Street

This dressed stone four-bay two-story building on Washington's Main Street, was built by successful attorney and businessman David Bradford. The residence was occupied by Bradford for only six years before he fled the area during the time of the Whiskey Rebellion. He was escaping capture by Federal troops for his role in the insurrection. The Georgian style house has a side hall entry graced with a fanlight transom. The first floor windows have 12/12 lights and the second floor 12/8. The house has undergone extensive modifications over the years, including installation of a storefront before being acquired by the state in 1959. The house was then restored to its original condition, and is now operated as a period-furnished museum. [p. 46 POP]

Washington
© 2017 Washington County History & Landmarks Foundation
website design by Digital Greys