Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/washcola/public_html/includes/DG_CM.php on line 1193
Washington County History & Landmarks Foundation
Washington County History & Landmarks Foundation
P.O. Box 274
Washington, PA 15301
724-225-2350
_CLOAKING
Home

Landmark Registry

Harrison House

Harrison House
Category: Residential Landmark/Farmstead
Location: Old National Pike, US 40, one mile east of Centerville

The Joseph Harrison house was originally built in 1845 as a five-bay, two-and-half-story brick, Post Colonial house with Greek Revival elements. Over time it evolved into a high Victorian Italianate villa with the introduction of a two-story bay window turret and a four-story tower creating a facade of irregular shapes and varied materials. These additions furthered the sense of height to the house which was already perceived by its hilltop site overlooking surrounding farmland above Route 40. [p. 154 POP]

Centerville Borough
© 2017 Washington County History & Landmarks Foundation
website design by Digital Greys