Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/washcola/public_html/includes/DG_CM.php on line 1193
Washington County History & Landmarks Foundation
Washington County History & Landmarks Foundation
P.O. Box 274
Washington, PA 15301
724-225-2350
_CLOAKING
Home

Landmark Registry

Administration Building, Washington & Jefferson College

Administration Building, Washington & Jefferson College
Category: Public Landmark
Location: Washington and Jefferson College Campus, Washington

The original center of the Administration Building was constructed in 1793 to house the Washington Academy. Four-bay brick wings and a Tucsan columned portico were added from 1818 to 1821. This two-story stone building with central entrance was relocated 40 feet back from its first location in 1903. W&J served as a union between Washington College and Canonsburg-based Jefferson College.[pp. 66-67 POP]

Washington
© 2017 Washington County History & Landmarks Foundation
website design by Digital Greys