Washington County Landmarks

Help & Settings
Public Landmark Administration Building, Washington &...

Administration Building, Washington & Jefferson College

The original center of the Administration Building was constructed in 1793 to house the Washington Academy. Four-bay brick wings and a Tucsan columned portico were added from 1818 to 1821. This two-story stone building with central entrance was relocated 40 feet back from its first location in 1903. W&J served as a union between Washington College and Canonsburg-based Jefferson College.[pp. 66-67 POP]
Edited: 02-24-2019 21:53:28